Tuesday, March 31, 2009

the murtaugh list

In last night's episode of How I Met Your Mother, we discover Ted's "Murtaugh List," a list of things you're too old to do when you reach 30.

I've pretty much done all, with a few exceptions.



get ears pierced - got two holes in each ear

do laundry at parent's house - all the time in college

crash on someone's futon instead of getting a hotel- someone always lets me sleep in their bed with them. either way, I'm crashing and avoiding the hotel part

put off going to the doctor - always. This reminds me, I still have to get my results when I got tested back in January.

drink shots with strangers - in Vegas

leave an annoying 2-person message on answering machine - just a couple of months ago, I wasn't planning on receiving any important/formal calls

help someone move out of a 6-foot walk up in exchange for pizza and beer - It wasn't a six-foot walk up. It was on the 4th floor w/ an elevator, but we did carry/drag some furniture and a bunch of luggage and a book case from Park Slope, down into the subway, got off at atlantic/pacific stop, up those stairs, and into a new apartment in fort greene. Now this has to count. And she bought me Uncle Louie G ice cream.

dye hair a funny color - never had the urge to color it blue or green or anything, but maybe one day, just to cross this off the list
EDIT: Great point by Ella Everywhere, I've had really harsh blonde streaks that did not suit me at all.

go to a rave - yup

pull an all-nighter - yup, to attend the above, and a couple in college

beer bong - I don't like beer

lazer tag
- of course

10 out of 12, not bad.
Edit: 11 out of 12!

How many have you completed?

3 comments:

  1. Hi D, this is a great post idea!

    Hmm, I've done all except for the answering machine message, the helping move in exchange for pizza and the beer bong (which I agree would be gross, I'm not a beer drinker either)

    I only dyed my hair blonde, but as a brunette I think that qualifies as a funny color (and it also did NOT suit me)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great point. I had really harsh blonde streaks which did not suit me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haven't watched any episodes of HIMYM this season. waahhh..

    i have NOT been to a rave.

    is that really supposed to be beer bong? that sounds scary.

    other than that, got all the others...

    part of my hair was blue (well, more green because the dye didn't take to the bleach) at one point and red at one point in high school. woo woo.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete