Thursday, April 16, 2009

love in the afternoon

The boyfriend use to be more romantic. Why is it that boys try harder in the beginning?

Before we started dating, me and some friends (including said bf) went on a midnight hike and I had mentioned to him that I wanted someone to name a star for me, just like in A Walk to Remember. So for my first birthday we spent together, he had a star named after me.

I had also told him I never had anyone officially ask me to be their Valentine. So one day before our first Vday together, I walked into his apartment where he surprised me with candles and flower petals spelled out with 'Will you be my valentine'.

Let me state that this was four years ago. It's about time he brought back some romance into the relationship. I am planning to somehow slip in the fact that I never had and always wanted to have a picnic and spend hours on a canoe.

My inspiration
Love in the Afternoon (which I'm currently watching)

The Notebook

What a Girl Wants

Enchanted


Any other romantic ideas I need to slip him? (He can be pretty unimaginative)

8 comments:

  1. Haha that's too funny..I need to drop some hints to my bf too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate planned romantic holidays like Valentine's Day, but I LOVE getting flowers on random days for no other reason than that he loves me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just need a boyfriend to tell this all to hahaha guys really do try harder in the beginning. it makes no sense. maybe they are just trying harder because they want some nookie & once they get it...its all over from there. I went on a picnic today by this lake....by myself, but it was so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! Thanks for your comment! That wasn't my son...I found that pic on photobucket. I failed to mention that...he did make a cute face though hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just watch Enchanted. It's seriously my favorite movie ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big fan of those romantic boat scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats sweet, you have a star named after you

    all guys should be that romantic and at all time

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is too funny, I was just thinking the same thing about my boyfriend. We have been together for almost 4 years, but we also dated a little back in high school. He was more romantic at 16 than he is as an adult! Maybe it's time I drop some hints, too :)

    ReplyDelete