Thursday, February 26, 2009

Diets

Why is it so hard to stick to a diet? I caved after 3 hours I started Dr. Hyman's Ultra Detox. Skinny Bitch almost made me become a vegetarian, (forget even thinking about going Vegan--too difficult). I just can't seem to give up anything. The one thing I am proud of is that I've given up red meat and alcohol. But that's only because I'm allergic to it.

My friend asked me if I wanted to start her summer diet/workout regime (whole grains, veggies, lean meats, and tons of cardio and other gym classes). Already I don't think I can do it. My reply to her was, "Ok, but I need an incentive. And I need to start next week because I have a brunch date with my girlfriends on Sunday). There's ALWAYS an excuse.

How do I just buckle down and do this? I did feel really proud when waiting in line for starbucks debating if I should get a. A caramel frap or b. a tea and an almond toffee cookie, and ended up just getting a tea lemonade. (hey it's a start).

Maybe competition is the key. Now that my friends and I are doing it for our vacation on memorial day, I am determined to not be the only one wearing a beach dress while everyone is in their bikinis.

1. Give up my daily caramel macchiatos.
2. Gym at least 4 times a week
3. Give up all candy
4. Eat til I'm satisfied, don't stuff myself


I have to take it one day at at time. So these are my goals for this next coming week. Wish me luck and lots of will power.

1 comment:

  1. what is his detox about?
    i tried the lemonade detox last summer and lasted 2 days! it was ridiculously unrealistic to only "eat" liquids.
    On my blog I posted about the GOOP cleanse. I did it for a week and it was pretty doable. You can actually eat food on it which is a plus. I just had to cut out caffeine, gluten, dairy, soy, I think that's it...
    I felt great after the week!
    I think it's tough to give up all indulgences. I'm all about eating everything in moderation as long as I maintain an active lifestyle.
    Maybe start small and cut out one thing (like swapping white flour for whole wheat). Then if you master that you'll feel empowered to cut out sweets 4x/week, caffeine, etc.

    ReplyDelete