Tuesday, September 13, 2011

picky or judgemental?


I haven't been single for the past 8 years, my first real boyfriend Cal, that lasted for about a year, and then straight into a relationship with S, which lasted for about 6 1/2 years.  I'm not sure even how to be single.  I keep hearing that it was easier to be single while you're in school.  Well, I'm not in school anymore.  Where do I meet people?  Well I can tell you being abroad is a great way of meeting new people.  And lucky for me, there was a cute aussie to keep my mind occupied.  

Two of my girlfriends have never had a boyfriend and always complain that thier love lives are at a standstill.  It's because they're too narrow minded and judgmental.  This past weekend was the birthday of two different girlfriends of mine.  We had dinner at C&O Trattoria in Marina del Rey.  We then went to a few bars afterwards.  One of my girlfriends (she falls in the first category mentioned) is allergic to alcohol so she was completely sober.  She wanted to head back early than the rest, so on our way back, a really cute guy came up to me and started to chat me up.  It only took him a few minutes to score my number.  (He's taking me out tonight night ^.^) But I told my other friend this, and told them that if she was put in that position, she would have just laughed it off and tried to get away from the guy as fast as possible.  She would not dare to give him her number, not even a name, probably.  This is the difference between me and my girlfriends.  And the thing is that it's not as if they were shy.  I am shy, especially in front of the guys I have attractive... i.e. Aussie.  They are just narrow minded and not opened to the dating world.  They believe that the romcom fairytale will happen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment