Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Old Montreal opens New Options

My days are all out of order because of Memorial Day. Needless to say, I'm glad it's already Wednesday.

Over Memorial Day weekend, I took the red eye on Friday and jetted to Montreal to meet up the NY besties. The trip was very relaxing and it's been awhile since I've had that much fun. I had family there so we got to stay for free. They also fed us too.

My cousin and his wife's house was amazing. It was a newly custom built house in Laval (just over the river was Montreal). 550k. Three story, 4 bedrooms, a den, 4.5 baths, a basement... 550k! Forget getting a dinky place in LA, lets move to Montreal.

Saturday after our nap, and a home cooked breakfast, we went hiking just behind Sainte-Catherine and got to see the view of Montreal. Spent all night at a bar downtown and ate Harveys right before cabbing it back. Ate Pho the next day, and let me tell you, Jess can eat. She ate an x-large bowl and devoured everything, even the soup. We then walked through China town towards Old Montreal. I love that it looked like a street in Europe, with cobblestones and everything.



It was really fun catching up with Terry, Jess, and Nasim. They keep on asking me to move back to NY. Should I? I'm really tempted to. Terry's roommate is moving out in August, and has a spare room available. I feel like I have so many choices for my next move in life, I don't know which one will be the right choice. I need to make a pro-con list.

1 comment:

  1. I used to live in NYC. I miss it alot and totally go back and forth all the time about wanting to move back. Definitely make a pro/con list!

    ReplyDelete