Saturday, January 31, 2009

sacre bleu

DineLA started.

We dined at Blue on Blue at the Avalon Hotel in Beverly Hills. Since there were only three choices for each course, me and my bestie Tracy decided to each get something different so we can taste everything they have to offer. I'm not sure about their regular menu, but their restaurant week preset menu did not impress me.

For appetizers, I ordered the spinach salad while Tracy ordered the scallops. They were both up to par. The main entree was a disappointment. I ordered the crunch jidori (another word for chicken), and tracy had the salmon. Jidori was very dry and the salmon was flavorless and had that bad fishy taste to it. For dessert I had the berry tres leche and trac ordered the chocolate cake. They were both up to par.

It was a disappointment since I thought restaurant week was to lure (with their good stuff) people into trying the best food of their lives so they will come back after restaurant week and pay full price.



Then we headed over to the Laugh Factory on Sunset to see Frazer Smith, Aries Spears, Harland Williams, and Dane Cook.

I have to say the sexual related jokes/bits are the funniest, but do they really have to do the motion of jerking off? Especially when a demonstration is not needed for the story?

I am proud of myself. I had a few yawn moments throughout the night, but I stuck through it. Enjoyed a nice poolside dinner with a great bunch of girls and one of their boyfriends, then laughed my ass off at the comedy club. All in all, it was a very successful Friday nigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment